There are several health risks to a professional painter, but the quietest are the toxic elements you breathe, whether inside a booth or outside.
The painter is constantly exposed to toxic products such as paints, solvents, dust from sanding, resins,… all these products, whether applied by spray, spray or manually, release particles and gases that are very harmful to health.
The use of protective equipment that avoids the risk of inhaling these substances is mandatory. For this there are protective masks that, in addition to comfort, help protect yourself in a safe way.
What mask to use for each risk?
Within the repair and painting process, there are a variety of operations in which each one carries a specific risk. It is essential to identify these risks in order to use the best protection elements.
We list the 7 painter's respiratory risks within the different operations that can be carried out, indicating which is the mask that best protects the professional.
(Click on the blue text to link to the recommended product file)
- Painting, spraying, varnishing or coating operations
- Solvent-based paint: high protection recommended FFP3: use of Reusable mask with replaceable filter Ellipse
- Spraying: the use of high protection FFP3 is recommended Reusable mask with replaceable filter Ellipse
- Water-based paint: the use of medium-high protection FFP3D is recommended Exhalation valve mask
- Solvents, resins and synthetic resins: the use of high protection FFP3 is recommended Reusable mask with replaceable filter Ellipse
- Latex paint and residual solvents: the use of high protection FFP3 is recommended Reusable mask with replaceable filter Ellipse
- Wood products: the use of medium-high protection FFP3 is recommended Yellow self-filtering mask with exhalation valve
- Maintenance, disinfection and cleaning operations: the use of medium-low protection FFP1D is recommended Self-filtering basic mask
- Decoration operations with spray glues, foam, adhesives: the use of medium protection FFP2 is recommended Blue self-filtering mask with exhalation valve
- Waste management: the use of medium-high protection FFP3 against bacteria and spores is recommended Yellow self-filtering mask with exhalation valve
- Agricultural operations with pesticides and insecticides: the use of medium-high protection FFP3D is recommended Exhalation valve mask
- Wood treatment operations such as assembly or spray glue: the use of high protection FFP3 is recommended Reusable mask with replaceable filter Ellipse
- Construction, spraying, cutting or drilling operations
- Asphalt: the use of high protection FFP3 is recommended Reusable mask with replaceable filter Ellipse
- Sealed: FFP3D medium-high protection recommended Exhalation valve mask
- Insulating foam: the use of medium-high protection FFP3D is recommended Exhalation valve mask
Differences between disposable mask and reusable mask
Both disposable masks and reusable masks are a good choice for the professional, always thinking that they fit the needs of each job. But there are some differences between the two, we will show you:
Reusable face mask
|More comfort, adjustable straps and ventilation that prevents moisture accumulation||Less comfortable than the reusable mask|
|Leakage capacity less than 2%||Leakage capacity less than 5%|
|Minimum efficiency of P3 filtration of 99,95%||Minimum efficiency of 99% P3 Filtration|
|Filter efficiency of protection against dust at particle size tested 0.3 micron||Valve efficiency of protection against dust at particle size tested 0.6 micron|
|Beats dolomite test||Optional to pass the Dolomite test|
|Longer life span material savings||Disposable product that generates more waste to the environment|
At Daevi we offer high performance protection masks that guarantee good protection in the daily work of painters and applicators.
In addition to the range of disposable protective masks, we have added a new line of reusable masks with interchangeable professional filters.
It's about the Reusable Mask with Replaceable Ellipse filter. One of the best painter's masks on the market.
It is specially designed for maintenance and painting work that is in contact with dust, vapors or fumes.
It complies with all the necessary certifications to guarantee its use in the application of paints and solvents, as well as harmful powders that come off during sanding.
Its useful life will depend on the use and level of activity. The white color of the filter allows to distinguish when the filter is ready to be changed.
Tip: If the filter dirt is superficial, with a compressed air gun you can remove the dust and reuse the filter again.
The mask and filters can be stored for up to 5 years, and the smart-box cover is available to help keep it better and easier to transport thanks to its fastening on the operator's belt.
If you want personalized advice on the best respiratory protection for professionals, you can contact us HERE.